25Mar/1311

Dropped Same Day: Da Lench Mob / Diamond D / Redman / Showbiz & A.G.

Here we have the introduction albums for four well known staples, all either in or affiliated with groups intrinsically linked to important movements in hip hop history: D.I.T.C.‘s Diamond D and Showbiz & A.G., Ice Cube‘s Lench Mob and the unofficial “eleventh member” of Wu-Tang, Redman.

[poll id=”16″]

Tuesday, September 22nd, 1992.

Four LPs: Da Lench Mob‘s debut, via EastWest / Street Knowledge, Diamond D‘s first, on Chemistry / Mercury / PolyGram, Redman‘s debut, off Def Jam and Showbiz & A.G.‘s first, by way of PolyGram.

Pick your favorite and / or the best album, doesn’t matter.

Check other posts in the Dropped Same Day series here.

And feel free to state your case, leave corrections or post additional match ups you would like to see in the comments below.

— The Big Sleep

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Dropped Same Day: Da Lench Mob / Diamond D / Redman / Showbiz & A.G.”

1. vergetibbs says:

wow, for me the 3 are classics, i only heard Lench Mob when one of my boys used to play it. If i was to guess i would have thought the Redman came out 6 months to a year after Stunts and Slave, but that would be wrong. Not sure who gonna get my vote yet.

2. Jaz says:

MAD hard but it’s going to Stunts, Blunts and Hip Hop.

3. philaflava says:

lench mob was a guilty pleasure but stunts blunts was the best of the bunch IMO.

4. The Big Sleep says:

Yeah, Stunts won / is winning on the forums, with Red and Show & A tied for second but it looks like this might be the first time where the blog says something different than the boards (at roughly the same amount of votes).

Verge, I’m interested in hearing who you went with.

5. shabazz says:

Hmmmm…real tough to select just one but here it goes. Production wise Stunts takes it but if we are looking at lyrics and production then you have to give it to my man Reggie Noble. Redman had a larger impact during the time, while Diamond D was more of an underground heads record with exquisite production.

6. arthur says:

I could have chosen Runaway Slaves as well( The Album). A time when artist could diss their labels.

7. Oh my goodness! Amazing article dude! Many thanks, However I am encountering difficulties with your
    RSS. I don’t understand the reason why I cannot join it.

Is there anyone else getting the same RSS issues? Anyone that knows the solution will you kindly respond?

Thanx!!
    Website: http://herb24.space

8. Winston says:

Ive never ever read something like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this topic, really thank you for beginning this up. this internet site is something that is essential on the web, an individual having a little originality. beneficial job for bringing something new to the net!

9. Jame says:

Good post. I study something more challenging on totally different blogs everyday. It can at all times be stimulating to read content material from other writers and observe somewhat one thing from their store. I’d choose to make use of some with the content on my blog whether or not you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a hyperlink in your web blog. Thanks for sharing.

10. Cameron says:

It’s really a nice and useful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

11. Edwardo says:

I am constantly searching online for ideas that can facilitate me. Thank you!