19Mar/1317

T.R.O.Y. Presents – Sounds Like The 90′s Vol. 21

SLT90s 21-front

It’s been an awfully long time since we last dropped Sounds Like The 90′s, 586 days to be exact.

Moving forward I will be doing my best to produce this series every 6-8 weeks. It’s hard gathering select tracks because as many of you know, there just isn’t a lot of music these days that remind us of the 90s.

I make these compilations because it represents where we are today. It usually contains tracks that emphasize an era in which we all know will more than likely never be duplicated again.  Some tracks on these compilations contain contemporary music that might have a slight hint of that era. Others, well it may just contain an artist that was very relevant from the 90s. Overall, these are put together to showcase today’s music as a music time capsule.

So, whether you like one track, ten tracks or all of them, enjoy these compilations for what they are. While terms like “exclusives” have become extinct due to new age technology and the blogsophere, we do our best to hand pick relatively newer material.

Enjoy 21 and sorry for the wait.

SLT90s 21-back

T.R.O.Y. Presents – Sounds Like The 90′s Vol. 21

1. Big Noyd, Large Pro & Kool G. Rap – Naturally Born (prod. Ayatollah)
2. Planet Asia – Kings feat. Ras Kass
3. Demigodz – Worst Nightmare (prod. DJ Premier)
4. Epidemic – Past The Margin feat. Tragic Allies
5. Supastition – Yada Yada
6. Danny Brown – Hottest MC
7. Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge – The Rise of Ghostface Killah
8. Killah Priest – Devotion To The Saints feat. Ghosface Killah & Inspectah Deck
9. Inspectah Deck , 7L & Esoteric – Savagely Attack feat. Ghostface Killah
10. Ras Kass – Judas feat. Planet Asia & Chace Infinite
11. Ill Bill – Power feat. O.C. & Cormega
12. Casual – Father Figure (prod. Jake One)
13. Pro Era – Like Water feat. Capital Steez, Joey Bada$$ & CJ Fly
14. Global Platoon – Playing For Keeps
15. Omiscence – Raw Factor 2.0
16. Marco Polo – Nite & Day feat. Big Daddy Kane
17. Roc Marciano – Bruh Man

Download

Alternative Link

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “T.R.O.Y. Presents – Sounds Like The 90′s Vol. 21”

1. Jaz says:

Hidden due to low comment rating. Click here to see.

Poorly-rated. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 8

2. Jason says:

I think there are tracks there but you also had a compilation comprised of material up to 6+ months old. I’m taking every month new material and more importantly good new material.

3. Jaz says:

Yep I said thanks for the tracks I recommended…and you never said that there was a time frame on the tracks but yo if we are being pedantic J then Marco Polo – Nite & Day feat. Big Daddy Kane is actually unreleased from 2007 haha

4. Jaz says:

C’mon Son!!!!

5. philaflava says:

All kidding aside, thanks man. I do appreciate your work.

6. Jaz says:

No beef at all J, I was just saying thank you and will always help any way I can, apologies for the double comment.

Peace

7. Mallone says:

Can you re-upload Sounds Like The 90′s Vol 20,please ? It’s the only one missing,and I want to add it to my collection ! My mail is mallone_ssd@yahoo.com.
    Cheers,mates !

8. Sam says:

I would be on the lookout for any new A.G. or Green Llama (crew comprised of Dibia$e, Tone Liv, Selfish, Decay, Butta Verses and few others) for the next one.

9. GRIZ says:

I’m surprised to not see any songs from the new MF GRIMM & DRASAR MONUMENTAL project, “GOOD MORNING VIETNAM”…..

10. Thanks so much for finally giving us another dope collection- personally, I could care less whether or not the tracks are brand new, everything flies by so fast, it’s kind of nice to go back to tracks over the last few years too. By way of thanks I’ve knocked up a couple of compilations in the same vein. What’s the best way to share them- links via email to t.r.o.y? To philiflava? or just here in the comments? Either way, thanks very much indeed for more fresh music.

Well-loved. Like or Dislike: Thumb up 5 Thumb down 0

11. philaflava says:

If anyone has suggestions or has a track they’ve done that would fit this—EMAIL us. please!

best way to share your work is via the TROY forum definitely. thanks for the kind words.

12. kwva says:

This is killer. I’m so glad that SLT90s is back, those mixes are what first hooked me on this blog. Thank you guys so much! Keep it up!!!

13. Oscar says:

I’m tryin to catch up on these and a lot of the links are dead or being hijacked. Where can I catch up on all of the Sounds like the 90′s comps? HELP! Dope shit and I can’t find it!!!

14. philaflava says:

Which volumes were you looking for? We have a long list of reups, but we’re getting to them. Have you checked the comment section of each Vol you’re in need of? Or have you checked the message board?

15. Haydn says:

I’d assumed that you’d capped it at number 20. It’s a damned nice surprise to have the series back! Great work as always man.

16. yoyomadman says:

These compilations are dope. But mostly all of the links are dead! Can some help brotha out with some links and downloads.

I was only able to get Vol. 21 & 18..

Greatly appreciated!

yoyomadman@yahoo.com

17. dfusion219 says:

hey Troy,

Sick blog to say the least… thanks a bunch.

I just checked (even the posts) and downloaded all available compilations.

FYI: Here are the missing compilations:

11, 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17.

* Megauplaod.com is dead of course and the Mediafire links are gone.

- dfusion219