2Oct/126

Raggedy Man – Demo Tape (Early 90′s)

[I couldn't find any pics online at all and don't have the tape on hand so this video is here because the second emcee is Raggedy Man making a rare appearance on youtube.]

01 Sh-Boom
02 I’ve Been Workin’ On The Railroad
03 True Colors
04 Can I Get A Witness
05 Keep It On
06 Singin’ In The Rain

Download demo tape here.

So what we have here is a nice demo tape by Raggedy Man of the crew called Gravitation1, which you may remember being mentioned by Chino XL somewhere on his Here To Save You All LP and being featured on the posse cut Waiting To Exhale off the same Chino album. That’s honestly about all I know about this guy besides another really nice demo he did called “In My Own World”, that Stretch or Bobbito played, and a couple of freestyle appearances he made on the show through the years. The estimated date of these recordings is somewhere between 1992 and 1993, and that’s guess work. If anyone out there has further info or music by Raggedy Man or by the Gravitation click, please do leave a comment.

Thanks to Digital Stimulation again for this one. As always, we hope stuff like this will help to bring an artist out of obscurity and connect him with his audience and/or we hope that other people with rarities will be inspired to bust out them old tapes and get in on the demo sharing while it’s still going on. So please, youtubers, if you’re gonna take songs from here then at least give a credit and link back to here or to the T.R.O.Y. forum so that others who have demos and radio show tapes know where to go to share them.

Moving right along, Digital Stimulation also blessed us with a folder full of everything else he could dig up that is Raggedy Man related. Enjoy!

International Flavor & Raggedy Man Freestyle (WRSU) (1995)
Positive K – E&J w. Raggedy Man
Raggedy Man – Can U Feel Me
Raggedy Man – In My Own World
Raggedy Man & Pop Live Freestyle Pt. 1 (WRSU) (1995)
Raggedy Man & Pop Live Freestyle Pt. 2 (WRSU) (1995)
Raggedy Man & Unknown Artists Freestyle (WRSU) (1995)
Raggedy Man Freestyle (Sandman) (1996)
Raggedy Man Freestyle (WKCR) (1993)
Raggedy Man Freestyle (WKCR) (1996)
Raggedy Man Freestyle (WRSU) (1995)
Raggedy Man, 25 To Life & Orfinz Freestyle (WRSU) (1995)

Download these freestyles and joints here.

Again, crazy shout outs and thanks to Digital Stimulation for providing arsenals of treats and my man Aleph for ripping the tapes to mp3 to share the music with us all.

–verge

1. Gravitation[Gravity Clan] – A rap group consisting of Chino XL, Raggedy Man, DJ B Wiz, Ab Style and maybe some others. If they recorded anything else as a group, I’d love to hear it. []

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Raggedy Man – Demo Tape (Early 90′s)”

1. dochiphop says:

thanks for sharing this fellas.. I dont remember this dude at all so I am interested in hearing this for sure!

2. Droopy says:

“I was rhyming when your beef was still a cow.” Wow this dude was dope.

3. Saint says:

Yeah Rag was tight…sideote: If you ever hear “Singing in the Rain” by BizMarkie…It bears A STUNNINGLY AMAZING resemblence to Rag’s version….I just thought it was funny back in the day when I bought Biz’s album and I hear 2 Rag verses come out his mouth…lol business is business I suppose….just hope Rag got paid. Shouts to Stretch and Bob for putting me on to his work and many others I would have not even known about.
    -SaintIdes Brick City NJ

4. DCUndergoundhead says:

The link for the freestyle DL’s isn’t working

5. omeganyc says:

@Saint
    you are the first person to confirm what I thought for years… I heard rag man spit a freestyle on stretch and bobs show back in 93… then I hear biz spit the same rhyme on a doo wop mix tape! Either way Raggedy was nice and hip hop needed and still needs dope emcees

6. COLOSSUL THE GIANT says:

23 YEARS AGO

THE SCENE 108 PROJECTS ORANGE,NJ 07050
    THE BURIAL GROUNDS(BG’S)

THE LEGENDARY BLOCKBUSTA’S
    FEATURING THE P00R HEADS B-WIZ dj BAS & THE RAGGEDYMAN
    ALSO
    THE RUFFADON BUM KEV CHAMPION
    BOB KING
    GHOST
    AB STYLE
    DU-GOOD(RECENTLY KNOW AS DU-GANZ YALL KNOW HIM FLASH TO 2000 JAHEIM FIRST VIDEO AND ALBUM)
    BARRY
    RHYME ASIATIC SOUL ON A UPPER LEVER

DISCOVERED BY POSITIVE k, POOR HEADS SIGNED TO DEF JAM RECORDS SPRING 1992 AS RAGGEDYMAN

CHANGED TO GRAVATATION IN 1994