18Oct/1111

Red Bull Music Academy “Five Out Of Five” Lecture Series

According to the RBMA website:
The Red Bull Music Academy pays tribute to hip hop, arguably the most influential youth culture of our time – right where it all began. Over the course of five days, five classic albums from five boroughs are revisited via workshops and public talks in each respective borough. At night, the artists re-create their seminal work for a special concert, bridging the gap from old to new school. The five albums are: ‘The Great Adventures Of Slick Rick’ (1988), Black Moon’s ‘Enta Da Stage’ (1993), ‘Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)’ (1993), ‘The Infamous’ by Mobb Deep (1995), and Dipset’s ‘Diplomatic Immunity’ (2003). Queens, Brooklyn, Bronx, Staten Island, Manhattan – stand up!

Each of these videos are pretty long (an hour+ to two hours), but certainly worth the watch. So far I’ve only had the time to watch the Slick Rick and Wu-Tang/Raekwon lectures, but both have been very in-depth and extremely informative as the artists break down their albums.

Thanks to Step One for the original link. RBMA has these all on lock-down, so I’m unable to embed them.

Lecture: Slick Rick (RBMA World Tour 2011)

Lecture: Black Moon (RBMA World Tour 2011)

Lecture: Wu-Tang Clan (RBMA World Tour 2011)

Lecture: Mobb Deep (RBMA World Tour 2011)

Lecture: The Diplomats (RBMA World Tour 2011)

enjoy,
–dirt_dog

Tags: , , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Red Bull Music Academy “Five Out Of Five” Lecture Series”

1. Dave says:

is there audio of these anywhere? or are they downloadable? mad props for them anyway, i watched the MF DOOM one last night

2. Gus Escorts says:

Hello there, just changed into alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it’s truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful in the event you proceed this in future. Many folks shall be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

3. Riya Solanki says:

hello!,I really like your writing very a lot! percentage we be in contact more about your post on AOL? I need an expert on this space to unravel my problem. Maybe that is you! Having a look ahead to peer you.

4. I cherished up to you will obtain carried out proper here. The cartoon is attractive, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you want be turning in the following. unwell indubitably come more beforehand once more since precisely the similar just about a lot ceaselessly inside case you defend this hike.

5. Antra Bali says:

Thanks , I’ve recently been looking for info about this subject for a while and yours is the best I have found out till now. However, what about the conclusion? Are you certain about the supply?|What i don’t understood is if truth be told how you are now not really much more smartly-favored than you may be now. You are very intelligent.

6. You’re actually a good webmaster. The website loading velocity is incredible. It seems that you’re doing any distinctive trick. Also, The contents are masterpiece. you’ve performed a great activity in this topic!

7. Saxena says:

Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It in reality used to be a leisure account it. Glance complicated to far introduced agreeable from you! By the way, how could we keep up a correspondence?

8. Genuine says:

Someone essentially help to make significantly posts I’d state. That is the very first time I frequented your website page and thus far? I surprised with the analysis you made to make this particular submit amazing. Magnificent task!

9. Aamir says:

Great points altogether, you simply won a emblem new reader. What might you recommend about your post that you just made a few days ago? Any positive?

10. I have learn some excellent stuff here. Certainly price bookmarking for revisiting. I surprise how a lot effort you set to create any such excellent informative web site.

11. hello!,I love your writing very a lot! percentage we communicate more about your article on AOL? I need an expert in this area to unravel my problem. Maybe that’s you! Taking a look ahead to see you.