9Jun/1112

Philly Retrospectives Volumes 24-26

Ok we are getting near the ‘conclusion’ of my philadelphia series. Up for grabs today are volumes 24-26. For those of you who have gotten the preceding volumes this batch almost completes the collection, for now. There are definitely some standouts here and there but all 3 of these volumes hit hard. Without futher ado:

Volume 24 –

01 (4:02) Illegal – Head Or Gut 1993

02 (4:11) Divine Beings – Raisin’ Eyebrows 1994 ?

03 (3:41) Da Youngstas Illy Funkstaz – If I Had A Million 1995

04 (5:06) Ram Squad – Ez Off 1994

05 (3:47) Tasc 4orce – Dane Diggy 1996

06 (3:07) Tuff Crew – Mindblowing 1993

07 (3:55) Sun Risers – Street Song 1994

08 (3:35) Trauma Center – Intercitymayhem 1994

09 (4:34) Tone Love – Flip’n Keeloz (Montana Mix) 199?

10 (3:12) Too Def Connection – Live In The Arena 1992

11 (3:22) Robbie B& Dj Jazz – Funk It Up 1990

12 (4:10) Jam & Dkc – Keep It Tight 1996

13 (3:49) Steady B – Bogardin (Radio Original) 1994

14 (1:36) The Man They Call LUX – Baby (Instrumental) 1996

15 (3:45) Dept Of Rec – Hot Wheels 2001

16 (3:00) Hez – The Zip 1997

17 (4:05) Ayesha – Don’t Ride Me Now 1994

18 (5:40) The Last Emperor – Secret Wars Part 1 (Radio) 1997

19 (4:20) Da Funk – Money 1996

20 (3:58) Da Bul Nat – 2 B-Reel 1997

Volumes 25 and 26 are after the jump.

Volume 25 –

01 (4:19) Ill Advised – F@!K Ya Head Up! 1997

02 (2:42) Dod – Front Liners 1997

03 (3:41) Trauma Center – I’m Raging 1994

04 (3:48) Sun Risers – Life In The City 1994

05 (4:13) The Kartel – NFC 1997

06 (4:18) The Roots – Distortion To Static 1994

07 (3:44) Tuff Crew – Hit A Block Feat E-Dawg (Project Niggaz) 1993

08 (3:34) Last Emperor – Keep On (Demo) 1996 ?

09 (2:41) Illegal Bastardz – Get That 1998

10 (3:50) P.n.b. – Redemption 1997

11 (4:24) Ink H2O – Nickel Plated Grind 1999

12 (3:42) Black Opz – All Around 1997

13 (4:48) Ram Squad – Freak Tonite 199?

14 (3:27) Ital The Ruffian – Pull Tha Plug 1995

15 (5:41) Da Nu Flava – Blow This Spot (Da Jam) 1997

16 (4:21) Dj Markk – Way Back When 1995

17 (4:25) Ebony Broadcast System – Obsession 1992

18 (3:59) Too Def Connection – TRK-Comin’ Off 1992

Volume 26 –

01 (4:36) Briz (of B.B.R.) Featuring The Black Narcissist – Cannons 1998

02 (5:16) Ram Squad – When & Where 1996

03 (3:10) B.B.R. (Aka ‘Big Brother Resistance’) Featuring Briz & Dj Kwestion – Spityn 1998

04 (5:56) Da Nu Flava – Heated Summer Streets 1997

05 (4:44) Last Emperor – Monumental (12″ Mix) 1996

06 (4:08) P.N.B. – Organized Bad Guys 1997

07 (4:38) Ill Advised – Internal Affairs 199?

08 (5:52) Dod – Patrtiot Games 1997

09 (4:39) Black Opz – What We Want 1997

10 (4:09) 2 Too Many – The Way It Really Happened 1992

11 (4:46) Munk Wit Da Funk – Life of Luxury 1995

12 (5:40) 24-7 – Let’s Have It (Raw Mix) 1992

13 (4:22) Chase & Destroy – Hit Da Floor 1993

14 (4:57) Lord Aaqil – Kick It Like Dis (DJ Ran’s Raw Mix) 1993

15 (4:36) Underground Impact – Trapped In Da Hood (Instrumental) 1993

16 (4:37) Tuffy Tuff – Respect My Flow 1991

Sometime soon I’ll post up the last batch from Philly Retrospective series. It’s about as epic as the Baltimore & Washington Dc series so if you haven’t really checked these out you should. Hope you like the selections and discover some new music!

– Schenectadyfan

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to “Philly Retrospectives Volumes 24-26”

1. fresh says:

love me some philly flavas. word up.

2. TR says:

Nice, I missed these! :)

Props man.

3. Jaz says:

Pretty sure Illegal were from Atlanta fam…dope comps as always

peace

4. schenectadyfan says:

Jaz, I own the Illegal cd. Think there is something about recording in Philadelphia in the liner notes. Will have to read it again.

• Thun says:

Jamal is from Philadelphia, he moved down to Atlanta, met up with Malik who was an LA transplant, and formed the group. Jamal’s song “Keep It Live” discusses this in detail.

Ah yeah, thanks for another one schenectadyfan! Track lists look promising, downloading now.

Just to add on to the info, I’m certain that “The Hez” is from Delaware.
    “This Delaware-ian suburbian, New Castle, the zip code i reside 19720…”
    I like that joint, its dope, but i think its mad silly that it goes for so much money nowadays. Eh, whatcha gonna do, it is what it is.

Gonna peep these tonight, thanks again s fan!

• verge says:

ANyone else having a problem with volume 24? It keeps saying “download interrupted” at exactly 90.8 MB’s out of 102 MB’s.
      Let me know. Maybe it’s my comp, I’ll post again later and verify that it worked. The other 2 volumes finished a while ago and are fine.

6. Verge and others, did y’all get it straightened out ? I can up that volume again if necessary.

• verge says:

Just tried again and it still won’t finish downloading. I’d hate for you to go through the trouble if it’s only my computer or connection, but nobody else is speaking up on whether it worked for them or not. So yeah, if it’s not too much of a pain in the ass, I’d be thankful for a re-up.
      This is definitely one of my favorite comp series. Props.

• verge says:

dude, it finally worked. Lol, sorry man. I hope you haven’t wasted any of your time re-upping. Gonna peep this tonight, thanks again!

7. TheLukieBoi1 says:

Is it just me, or does it ONLY come up with the “Premium Download” button when you click the links ? It’s not just these links, but all megaupload links i’ve visited won’t let me download as a free user. They won’t even let me download my own files :/

8. Jeff says:

HOLY SHit!! yoo i am honestly overwhelmed by how much dope shit is on here and the compilations that schenectadyfan has posted,ive been livin in philly for about 2 years and have been trying to find some of their stuff,is there any way i can download all of these compilations from you guys at once? i want to get every one!! especially the east coast rarities and the philly compilation,i am having trouble getting the older posted stuff due to the copy right bullshit,any help or response is MADDDDD apreciated!!this is the shit ive been searching for!!! schenectadyfan yo hit me up brotha!! THANKS!!!

Add Comment Register