12Apr/116

Buckwild Tells All: The Stories Behind His Classic Records (Complex.com)

Buckwild might have been a bit camera shy in the 90s (remember all those DITC group pics that were captioned “Not pictured – Buckwild”?) but these days you can find him in music videos for his project with Celph Titled or being interviewed at Complex. The subject of this latest interview are the stories behind his most famous productions, and he’s got over thirty of them to tell.

We know what you’re thinking. “Great idea, but if Complex broke this up into thirty parts, I’m good.” Nah, son. Live your life. Rafi, of Oh Word and Internets Celebrities fame devised a fly lil’ life hack that allows you to view the entirety of a Complex list feature on one page:

I decided to do some good for the world today. It’s been bugging me that Complex.com runs so many articles that require n clicks to get through where n ranges from 10 to infinity. So today I created a bookmarklet which fetches all the slides of the Complex slideshow you’re visiting and loads them up on that one page. To use it, just drag the link at the end of this article to your Bookmarks bar and when you’re at Complex looking at a slideshow article, click the button for it and the magic happens.

Navigate here to grab the bookmarklet in question, than swerve over to the Complex article and read Buckwild’s behind the scenes accounts. Then go review TROY’s Top 100 Native Tongue Songs with the new fangled functionality made possible by the bookmarklet. What else do you have to do on a Tuesday evening? Exactly.

Tags: ,

7 Responses to “Buckwild Tells All: The Stories Behind His Classic Records (Complex.com)”

1. hl says:

That link is genius. WTF does Complex think anyone want to click all those links? It really does a disservice to the good lists they provide.

hmmm.. was this made with a particular browser compatibility in mind? I can’t really drag the link into my bookmarks bar on Chrome, unless I’m doing it wrong..heh.
    Great fuckin idea though.

3. hl says:

@Verge I’m using Google Chrome as well. I just dragged the link on Oh Word’s site to the complex tab, and waited a few seconds. It works.

4. Mayhem says:

Somebody should do a Greatest Buckwild compilation if they haven’t already!

5. This was great and I enjoyed the read. I loved (and own on vinyl) just about everything Buckwild produced in the 90s, but his 2000 and up shit was kinda hit or miss. In case you folks don’t know, I did two 2 ½ hour Buckwild produced specials on my radio show where I spun all songs produced by Buckwild. I still have to upload Part 2, but here is Part 1…

The Wicked Takeover on MHz “Buckwild Produced Pt.1”
    - Mixed Live by Shaun D. aka Wicked on 90.1 KZSU Stanford 11/21/2010 (9:50pm-12:30am)

Size: 292mb
    Length: 2:39:26
    Quality: 256 kbps
    DL: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QXCDZ6F7

E-mail me for the playlist or look in the mixtapes & radio shows post in the TROY section of the PhilaFlava forum.

6. Trackbacks says: