30Mar/1129

Southern Series Volumes 17-20 (1991-1997)

I’ve only done 24 southern compilations altogether. It’s sort of a shame I haven’t put together more. Provincialist snobs might look down upon bass and booty music but real heads know better. That’s not all that’s going on down below the mason-dixon line. I’ve been ruminating on 5-10 essential southern hip hop albums I’d suggest to anyone. That’s going to take awhile but I’ll get back to you on it. In the meantime, check out volumes 17-20 in my southern series.

volume 17 —

01 (4:18) way 2 real – southern funk (texas 1994)
02 (1:44) ave – red-neck intro (florida 1995)
03 (5:02) fesu – life goes on (texas 1992)
04 (4:03) rich da factor – get low playaz (louisiana 1995)
05 (4:24) street military – kick door burglar (texas 1995)
06 (0:31) carmike – intro (memphis 1995)
07 (3:50) fm – game (memphis 1992)
08 (2:59) trick daddy – goin’ down like that (florida 1990)
09 (4:05) grimm – pack a fist full (louisiana 1994)
10. (3:49) willie d & scarface – dem boyz (texas 1992)
11. (4:54) point blank – startin’ sh** (texas 1997)
12. (4:55) papa chuk – texas roughneck (urban hustlers mix) (1992)
13. (5:00) hen! – chillin’ in the morgue (atlanta 1994)
14. (4:08) azim – bounce ta dis (texas 1993)
15. (4:25) anm – junky thats funky (memphis 1991)
16. (4:25) daddy d – southside (new orleans 1994)
17. (5:15) m-team – share the funk (memphis 1991)

Volumes 18-20 after the jump.

volume 18 —

01 (3:46) e-play smooth – many styles (florida 1993)
02 (4:04) native nuttz – erect from tha slumz (atlanta 1994)
03 (5:02) yall so stupid – yall (atlanta 1993)
04 (4:05) deuce – believe it or not (new orleans 1993)
05 (5:24) micranots – radical speak
06 (3:30) gangsta pat – my name aint rover (tennessee 1992)
07 (2:32) lord infamous – yall ready for this (tennessee 1992)
08 (4:05) indo-g and lil blunt – trapped in the game (tennessee 1994)
09 (3:57) javier and the str 8 jackers – player style (atlanta 1991)
10. (3:18) h -town – the last record (houston 1994)
11. (2:31) alpha & omega – crystal ball (tennessee 199?)
12. (4:01) nashville terror mobb – everybody’s talkin’ (tennessee 1995)
13. (3:04) scarface – diary of a madman (texas 1991)
14. (3:32) tec-9 – who’s that nigga (new orleans 1995)
15. (3:54) dizac – southside (texas 1996)
16. (3:16) fwc – flexin (texas 1994)

volume 19 —

01 (0:57) south circle klick – intro (memphis tn 1995)
02 (4:46) poppa doo – fucked in the game (atlanta 1994)
03 (2:34) al kapone – da resurrection (memphis 1995)
04 (0:47) 44 max – dark dome (atlanta 1992)
05 (4:41) prince rahiem – cop one, smoke one (florida 1994)
06 (4:31) young rich – get low intro (louisiana 1994)
07 (3:33) ave – wanted (florida 1995)
08 (5:43) players like us taking over – plutonium ballers (memphis 1995)
09 (0:54) bg – ziggly wiggly (new orleans 1996)
10. (4:36) damu – stay’n “g” on ‘um (new orleans 1995)
11. (5:22) klondike kat – hustler (new orleans 1993)
12. (0:37) underground nation living violently – crack out show (new orleans 1993)
13. (4:11) x-mob – to da ballers (radio) (new orleans 1995)
14. (1:26) dj wen – reprise (atlanta 1994)
15. (4:18) short t and daddy yo – niggas and bitches (new orleans 1994)
16. (6:23) g-money, bird man n lil co – back in school (new orleans 1995)
17. (4:47) red money – 2 much red (memphis 1996)

volume 20 —

01 (4:52) rhythm radicals – brother to brother (florida 1991)
02 (7:28) digital underground – heartbeat props (tampa 1st!) (1991)
03 (3:29) disco rick & wolf pack – fuck em up rick 1992
04 (3:41) boogie – money and da high (tennessee 1994)
05 (8:29) big mello – southside (texas 1994)
06 (2:26) e.r.c. – the ceremony (new orleans 1994)
07 (5:43) lower level organization – wanted by 5.0 (new orleans 1994)
08 (1:56) death – death stro (new orleans 1993)
09 (3:54) d of trinity garden cartel – we be the illest (houston 1995)
10. (4:49) snake eyez – pha da lowkals (new orleans 1995)
11. (4:54) black – revolution (dallas 1995)
12. (4:24) born 2wice – greatest of all times (texas 1993)
13. (3:14) mental ward click – welcome to tha mental ward (new orleans 1995)
14. (4:37) botany boys – smoke (texas 1995)
15. (4:35) bumble b.h.e. – if this gets out (texas 1992)
16. (5:08) mike gold – just got into kickin rap (atlanta 1995)

I hope you dig this series. If you wouldn’t typically call yourself a fan of southern hip hop give these compilations a try. Listening to them in depth might just smash any regional bias.

— Schenectadyfan

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

29 Responses to “Southern Series Volumes 17-20 (1991-1997)”

1. Justin says:

Props to Schenectadyfan, this is a great series. Glad to see so many underrated (and at times completely unheard) artists get some shine.

2. schenectadyfan says:

Right on Justin, thanks for the feedback. Glad you the selection.

3. Mariam says:

I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

4. Tracie says:

Terrific paintings! That is the type of information that are meant to be shared around the web. Shame on Google for no longer positioning this post upper! Come on over and discuss with my web site . Thank you =)

5. Shavon says:

Simply wish to say your article is as surprising. The clearness in your post is simply great and i can assume you’re an expert on this subject. Well with your permission let me to grab your feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please continue the rewarding work.

6. You made some first rate factors there. I seemed on the web for the problem and located most individuals will associate with together with your website.

7. You are absolutely right and I definitely trust you. Whenever you want, we can also speak regarding free homework help, one thing which fascinates me. Your site is definitely remarkable, regards!

8. I constantly go through your site content carefully. I am also fascinated with kik messenger login, maybe you could discuss that occasionally. Good day!

9. You are totally right, I’d really enjoy to learn new information on this particular subject! I am as well curious about vshare download iphone since I consider it truly is quite trendy at the moment. Keep this up!

10. kik on pc says:

Howdy could you let me know which blog platform you’re utilizing? I am going to start out my own personal blog on kik messenger online soon but I am having trouble making a choice.

11. Amber says:

As a Newbie, I am always searching online for articles that can aid me. Thank you

12. I really like the things you dudes are up to. Such cool work and visibility! Carry on the excellent work guys, I’ve added you on my own shareit for windows 7 blog.

13. You are absolutely correct. I loved looking through this info and I will return for more as quick as possible. Our internet site is on the subject of top medical malpractice attorneys, you could have a look if you’re interested in that.

14. You are absolutely right, I would love to learn a lot more on this subject! I’m also fascinated by facetime app for android as I consider it truly is quite unique these days. Keep it up!

15. read more says:

I am curious to learn which site platform you’re using? I’m having some slight protection issues with the latest blog on iphoto for windows so I’d like to find a thing a lot more secure. Have you got any solutions?

16. omega xl says:

You are completely correct, I would love to learn new info on this particular subject! I’m as well fascinated by omega xl features as I feel it truly is quite cool nowadays. Thanks!

17. Thanks for this awesome content! I genuinely appreciated it.I’ll ensure that I take note of this page and definitely will return very soon. I would love to encourage you to definitely keep going with the excellent work, even talk about cell phone locator too, have a wonderful day!

18. click here says:

I am really intrigued to find out which site platform you’re utilizing? I am experiencing some minor safety issues with my most recent site about lucky patcher for pc and I would love to find one thing more secure. Are there any alternatives?

19. Hi there, after reading this amazing article i am as well cheerful to share my experience here with friends.

20. MAGA says:

I used to be recommended this blog by way of my cousin. I’m no longer certain whether or not this submit is written via him as no one else realize such unique approximately my difficulty. You’re amazing! Thanks!|

21. What i do not realize is in truth how you’re no longer actually much more well-liked than you may be right now. You are so intelligent. You understand therefore considerably in relation to this matter, made me in my opinion believe it from a lot of numerous angles. Its like women and men don’t seem to be involved except it’s one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time take care of it up!|

22. I have read so many content concerning the blogger lovers but this paragraph is genuinely a pleasant article, keep it up.|

23. Highly energetic post, I loved that a lot. Will there be a part 2?|

24. Amazing! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a entirely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!|

25. I’m not sure where you’re getting your info, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for magnificent info I was looking for this information for my mission.|

26. Umanizzare says:

I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your site. Do you ever run into any internet browser compatibility issues? A couple of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Safari. Do you have any solutions to help fix this issue?|

27. Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am inspired! Very helpful information specially the closing part 🙂 I care for such information much. I was seeking this certain info for a very lengthy time. Thank you and good luck. |

28. Hello there! This blog post couldn’t be written any better! Going through this post reminds me of my previous roommate! He always kept preaching about this. I will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he’s going to have a very good read. Many thanks for sharing!|

29. Itamar Serp says:

Fantastic goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too great. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re saying and the way in which you say it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it wise. I can not wait to read much more from you. This is really a tremendous site.|