4Dec/109

187 Proof – Dope Lika Pound Or A Key (1991)

When I first found this compilation I never thought it had anything to do with Spice 1 himself, I just assumed that the 187 Proof title was an homage to one one of his most famous songs.

Another notable element is the original mix of The Coup’sFoul Play” track, which might be their first ever recorded appearance.

Also, tape contains a few instrumentals and dubs. Download links and tracklisting after the jump.

Enjoy!

01. 187 Proof
02. Lights Start Flashin’
03. Foul Play
12. Gangster Thang

Preview:

–>Download 187 Proof<–

–>Backup Link<–

–Markshot

Tags: , , , , ,

10 Responses to “187 Proof – Dope Lika Pound Or A Key (1991)”

1. hl says:

I’ve been looking for this for a few months! Thanks for posting this.

2. hl says:

The mediafire file isn’t working for me.

3. Markshot says:

hmm i do not see a problem but anyway hold on for a while hl, i will re-up it

4. Markshot says:

ok hl, there is backup link in the post, try it and let me know if its working or not

5. done says:

man iv been lookin for this tape for years! ever since i heard boots mention it in a interview, cheers man

6. hl says:

The other link is working for me. Thanks a lot Mark.

7. WOW, I haven’t seen or heard of anyone mentioning this tape in FOREVER!! I still remember getting it back in early-mid ’92, my senior year in HS! haha

I guess originally it was blogged about it back in 2005… http://www.cocaineblunts.com/blunts/?p=148

It’s dope how that Noz cat posted about the tape and gave all that info… Shit trips me out! Did you see the comments??? Bay Area legend DJ Pizo said a few things. Crazy… Shit takes me back to the HS years with all this shit. haha I’m from Milpitas which is in the South Bay, but right next to Fremont which is the start of the East Bay.

8. Where did you find this tape, on eBay? Its almost impossible to find even here in the Bay Area!

9. Moodz says:

Sup Wicked!!!! Dope ass tape. I wish I could find an OG copy of this someday.

Add Comment Register