3Jan/106

Othorized F.A.M. “You Shine” (1997)

As mentioned in the past, I’ve always been a big fan of Wu-Tang and most of the spin-off affiliates. And this Othorized F.A.M. record used to be one of my prized possessions. I never knew too much about this group as they were mostly a mystery and everything I heard came second hand: hail from Staten Island, part of Cappadonnna’s camp and originally signed to Atlantic Records. Othorized F.A.M. is made up of Sean Wigs, Lounge Lo, Crunch Lo & Molly Q. While I believe most of the members are still doing solo stuff, Wigs is also a member of Ghostface’s Theodore Unit. I’m pretty sure that this vinyl was released in 1997, but I can find no evidence to back it up. Included are scans of side a, side b and the sticker that was in the sleeve.

DOWNLOAD

enjoy,
dirt_dog

Tags: , , , , ,

6 Responses to “Othorized F.A.M. “You Shine” (1997)”

NICE!! "Easy" is a banger. I've always loved that since back in the day.
    They also had an EP maybe in 1998? And an album in the 2000 era, but nothing that compares with this record, afaik.
    Great one here, dirt_dog.

chambermusik reissued there album "hot like shara sands"…u can buy it at chambermusiks site

3. Krisch says:

Thanks, dope 12"!

discogs got "You Shine" listed as "Caught My Eye". Where do you have the titles from? (Since there are no titles on the 12" label)

4. dirt_dog says:

I honestly can't remember where I got the track titles from. But for some reason I always had those names on my brain. I can certainly be wrong.

5. Krisch says:

OK. Thanks for answering!

6. kwue molly says:

this is QMOLLY the CREATOR of OTHORIZED fam-to get record straight yhere are 4 members to OTF.$ 4 mcs—no dj,no producer,or dancers-many been fronting like they are originals …..hit me up for true othorized knowledge