14Jun/097

Recap: 6/07/09 – 6/13/09

Is there anything we can’t do? Other than fall off with those other blogs?

Native Tongue In The Megamix
Black Sheep: Wool Quality
A Tribe Called Quest: The Low End Theory Videos
Sean J. Period – Production Spotlight
A Tribe Called Quest: Midnight Marauders Videos
Rap All-Stars Freestyle Live @ Yo! MTV Raps (Spring Break 1992)

That DJ Saved My Day
DJ Mighty Mi: Large Professor Megamix
DJ Mister Cee: The Best Of Jay-Z
DJ Dasyphe Presents: Fall 98

Miscellaneous Fresh
Touring The States: Milwaukee, WI
J-Treds: Freestyle Spotlight
Galt McDermot – Samples

“Now that you got what you want, do you want more? Because there’s more in store.”

Tags:

7 Responses to “Recap: 6/07/09 – 6/13/09”

1. Cenzi Stiles says:

why would you include Sean J. Period in the Native Tongue legacy?

fail on that.

2. Thun says:

Honest mistake.

3. Roy Johnson says:

Shawn J produced upwards of ten tracks for Native Tongue representatives/affiliates, including Q-Tip, Mos Def, and the Bush Babees. Therefore, he qualifies.

4. Cenzi Stiles says:

Roy, I gotta disagree. Mos Def and Bush Babees are already satelites to the world of Native Tongues. So that would make Shawn J third degree member?! naw. In that case Baby Chris, who pretty much ran Native Tongues street teams is down with 50 Cent. So 50 Cent is Native Tongues. nope. failage.

5. Roy Johnson says:

I'm not saying that Shawn J Period was a member of the Native Tongues posse, but he'd qualify as an affiliate to some extent. Shawn is primarily known for his work with Mos Def. If it was Salaam Remi (producer of the Remember We Remix & Brooklyn Movements), then I'd agree with you, but we're talking about a producer whose height of popularity coincided with the first Mos Def single & The "Body Rock" track off of Lyricist Lounge. On that basis, it makes sense to include him.

Yeah, I see what Cenzi is saying, but I'm going with Roy here.
    Just for the fact that when I saw Shawn J's post listed under Native Tongues, the first thing I thought was "If You Can Huh You Can Hear" and "Body Rock". And then I thought,"yea, I guess he can get that."
    He's a loosely affiliated producer that had some ties to NT and it's just a recap post so…

7. Cenzi Stiles says:

fine. I'll swim with the stream this time.