29May/098

DJ Mister Cee “The Best Of Mobb Deep”

I wasn’t even aware that this DJ Mister Cee mix even existed until the other day when fellow TROY blogger Thomas V made mention of it. So I tracked it down and purchased it. A whopping 38 tracks of classics, appearances, remixes and a slew of unreleased material (11 to be exact).

01 Mobb Deep-Peer Pressure
02 Mobb Deep-Cop Hell (Unreleased)
03 Mobb Deep-Hit It From The Back
04 Mobb Deep-Patty Shop (Unreleased) feat. Big Noyd
05 Mobb Deep-Shook Ones (Parts 1 & 2)
06 Mobb Deep-The Bridge (94 Unreleased) feat. Big Noyd
07 Mobb Deep-Survival Of The Fittest (Original & Remix) feat. Crystal Johnson
08 Mobb Deep-Give Up The Goods feat. Big Noyd
09 Mobb Deep-We About To Get Hectic (Unreleased) feat. Gambino
10 Mobb Deep-Temperatures Rising (Original & Remix) feat. Crystal Johnson
11 Mobb Deep-Eye For A Eye feat. Nas & Raekwon
12 Mobb Deep-Drink Away The Pain feat. Q-Tip
13 Mobb Deep-Q.U. (Unreleased)
14 Das EFX-Microphone Master (Remix) feat. Mobb Deep
15 Da Youngsta’s-Bloodshed & War feat. Mobb Deep
16 Mobb Deep-Take It In Blood (Unreleased)
17 Mobb Deep-Still Shinin
18 Big Noyd-Recognize & Realize (Parts 1 & 2) feat. Mobb Deep
19 The Almighty RSO-War’s On feat. Mobb Deep
20 Mobb Deep-Back At You
21 Mobb Deep-Street Life feat. L.E.S. & ACD
22 Mobb Deep-First Day Of Spring (Unreleased) feat. Tragedy
23 Tragedy-LA, LA (Original & Remix) feat. Capone-N-Noreaga & Mobb Deep
24 LL Cool J-I Shot Ya feat. Keith Murray, Prodigy, Fat Joe & Foxxy Brown
25 Big Noyd-Usual Suspect (Original & Remix) feat. Havoc
26 Nas-Live Nigga Rap feat. Mobb Deep
27 Mobb Deep-Drop A Gem On Em
28 Mobb Deep-Rep The Q.B.C. (Unreleased) feat. Godfathers Pt. III
29 Shaquille O’Neal-Legal Money feat. Mobb Deep
30 Mobb Deep-Hell On Earth
31 Mobb Deep-Everyday Gunplay (Unreleased)
32 Foxxy Brown-Da Promise feat. Havoc
33 Mobb Deep-Crime Connection (Unreleased) feat. Cormega
34 Mobb Deep-G.O.D. Pt. III
35 Mobb Deep-In The Long Run (Unreleased) feat. Ty Nitty
36 Xzibit-Eye’s May Shine (Remix) feat. Mobb Deep
37 Mobb Deep-Extortion feat. Method Man
38 Mobb Deep-Nightime Vultures feat. Raekwon

Since this is a very recent purchase, I didn’t make a new cover to match all the other ones (and I think those days are behind me). But I did take the time to scan it in and lay out all new type. Up next is the final installment in this series, a double disc set for “The Best Of Jay-Z.”

enjoy,
–dirt_dog

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Responses to “DJ Mister Cee “The Best Of Mobb Deep””

1. dat_triflin_ass_dude says:

shit, i didn't know this existed either. Props for sharing

2. thomasv says:

Thanks For Sharing!!!

3. Brandan E. says:

i remember copping this way back in 2000 when i used to stay in Jersey. this is when i 1st heard Shook Ones Pt.1, and i was blown away! im tellin yall Pt.1 is not no average jam, this is a bonafide classic! it gets overlooked for Pt.2 but yall better recognize!

@Brandon E.- I agree. Part 1 is certified. It got so overlooked because part 2 just had that perfect street banger and commercial appeal to really put them over. The amount of play part 2 got when it dropped was ridiculous. The same way people get sick of hearing somehthing like 'blame it on the alcohol', I was sick to death of part 2. Matter fact, I was done with it before it even hit the mainstream. College radio was the shit.

You know what? There was another mix of part one that Stretch or Bobbito played that was mad ill.
    It had a xylophone type bell sample. I don't know if it was a Stretch Armstrong Remix or just a blend or what, but that shit was my favorite one.
    Which reminds me of something waaay off topic- That other mix of Akinyele's 'No Exit' that Stretch played like 5 weeks straight. That shit was rugged. Let me take my ass over to the TROY forum and try to find out about this shit. 😉

6. Alkuttraz says:

DOPE SHIT!

7. Jbrad718 says:

DAMN! we about to get hectic in quality sound!?!?! I wish it where the whole song

Thanks for posting. I have this on cassette and I dug it up today wishing I could hear this shit once again. Thank God for the Internet and cool people like you who took the time to convert it. I had a whole set of these. Best of Biggie, Redman, Method Man, and Mobb Deep. Mister Cee was my favorite DJ next to Doo Wop