19May/0917

Hiero Producer Series: Snupe

Installment #4 of the Hiero Producer Series: Snupe

Snupe is the oddball of the Hieroglyphics camp. He got kicked out of the group back in ’96 over “creative differences”. The Hiero crew is incredibly tight-knit, so I’m not sure how Snupe managed to piss off enough members to the point where they’d kick him out. Whose girl did he step to, and did he mean to?

You can’t front on the beats, though. Most of the tracks that he produced on his ’94 debut “Like It Should Be” are outstanding, and while he hooked up the rest of the crew with only four tracks, they’re all excellent.

Snupe – Production Files Volume 1
1. Extra Prolific – Weak Shit (Demo)
2. Del – You’re In Shambles
3. Souls Of Mischief – Never No More (76 Seville Mix)
4. Souls Of Mischief – That’s When Ya Lost (Remix)
5. Extra Prolific – First Sermon (The Town Mix)
6. Extra Prolific & Pep Love – Go Back To School
7. Extra Prolific – Give It Up
8. Extra Prolific – First Sermon
9. Extra Prolific – Never Changing
10. Extra Prolific – In Front Of The Kids
11. Extra Prolific – It’s Alright
12. Extra Prolific – Sweet Potato Pie
13. Souls Of Mischief – Dirty D’s Theme

Snupe – Production Files Volume 2
1. Extra Prolific, Opio & Tajai – Now What Pt. 2
2. Extra Prolific – You A Fool
3. Extra Prolific – Having Fun
4. Extra Prolific – You Don’t Know Me
5. Extra Prolific – Going Down (Ray’s Theme)
6. Extra Prolific – Break It Down
7. Extra Prolific – Jump On It
8. Extra Prolific – Searching
9. Extra Prolific – 2 For 15 Outro
10. Extra Prolific – Master Piece Intro
11. Extra Prolific – Action Set In Flight
12. Extra Prolific – Second Sermon
13. Extra Prolific – Call Me
14. Extra Prolific – I Don’t Know Why
15. Extra Prolific – Can’t Reap Til You Sow

Snupe – Production Files Volume 3
1. Extra Prolific – When You Hoes (Remix)
2. Extra Prolific – Old E Commercial
3. Extra Prolific – Bo Bo
4. Extra Prolific – Going Down
5. Extra Prolific – When You Hoes
6. Extra Prolific – That’s A Shame
7. Extra Prolific – From Block To Block
8. Extra Prolific – Security Please
9. Extra Prolific & Pep Love – Hitting Corners
10. Del – You’re In Shambles (Instrumental)
11. Souls Of Mischief – Never No More (76 Seville Instrumental)
12. Extra Prolific – First Sermon Remix (Instrumental)

Preview:

Extra Prolific – Weak Shit (Demo)

Del – You’re In Shambles

Souls Of Mischief – Never No More (76 Seville Mix)

Souls Of Mischief – That’s When Ya Lost (Remix)

Extra Prolific – First Sermon (The Town Mix)

Extra Prolific & Pep Love – Go Back To School

Extra Prolific – Give It Up

Extra Prolific – First Sermon

Souls Of Mischief – Dirty D’s Theme

Extra Prolific – You A Fool

–Roy Johnson

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

17 Responses to “Hiero Producer Series: Snupe”

1. MD says:

Shit, I forgot he did "You're In Shambles" too.

Damn, sucks he got the boot.

2. Boothe says:

I could be mistaken, but I think Toure produced the First Sermon Remix.

I think a lot of people were so busy dissing snupe for not being "freestyle-ie", that his production work was largely ignored. His beats were tight.

You're In Shambles, Never No More Remix, Go Back To School…all outstanding.

3. Roy Johnson says:

Boothe – Good call. The "First Sermon" Remix was produced by both Snupe and Toure, so you will see it on the latter's installment as well.

As far as my favorite beat is concerned, I have a hard time choosing between "Go Back To School", "You're In Shambles", and the remix for "Never No More".

4. Boothe says:

@MD

He was still around after the Jive Party incident.

During the time Hiero was recording 3rd Eye Vision, Snupe was basically doing the shit he rapped about in Brown Sugar…with a crew member's sister.

"but i'm not supposed to be caught with these…"

Dude got caught, and it was a wrap.

5. MD says:

Oh shit. Man, you'd think he'd tread lightly after fucking up once.

I think "Brown Sugar" just became a track to skip from now on…

6. I'm a WHITE Nigga Whut!!!! says:

He got caught fucking Casual's sister and his response was "I didn't mean to".

7. T.R.O.Y. says:

From the "Like it should be" my favourite is "Give it up"
    And definitely "Never no more" is one of his best works ever.

-Markshot

yo man amazing shit as always….
    the only blog i check on the regular and im not jokin….

just a heads up that part 1 from the snupe shit is acting funny….
    the mediafire link….says problem forwarded to development team so i t might get cleared up soon

just a heads up
    and thanks so much man

i remember buying the first extra pro lp for like 30+ bucks….worth it thou….hard as fuck to find on wax

-Tim from toronto

9. Roy Johnson says:

No problem, Tim.

Mediafire has been acting funny in recent months, but I just checked the link, and it works fine.

10. Give It Up says:

A-Plus produced “Searching” on Extra Pro’s 2 for 15 album.

11. Asley says:

I precisely wished to thank you so much once again. I am not sure the things I might have undertaken in the absence of these creative ideas documented by you about this industry. This was an absolute terrifying issue for me, nevertheless encountering a new professional manner you processed it forced me to leap with happiness. I am just happy for this service and thus sincerely hope you find out what a great job you happen to be putting in teaching many people by way of your site. I am sure you have never got to know all of us.

12. Elvia says:

Superb blog! Do you have any tips for aspiring writers? I’m hoping to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid option? There are so many choices out there that I’m totally overwhelmed .. Any tips? Appreciate it!

13. click here says:

Many thanks for writing this, I bookmarked the site. I am additionally searching for guidance on aptoide app store, have you any idea exactly where I might discover a thing such as this? I will return in a little while!

14. You are totally right and I understand you. If you want, we can as well chat around lic policy, something that intrigues me. Your site is truly brilliant, take care!

15. Ellsworth says:

I would like to convey my passion for your kind-heartedness supporting people that absolutely need guidance on the question. Your real commitment to passing the solution all-around had become particularly good and have specifically permitted girls just like me to reach their endeavors. This insightful tutorial indicates a great deal a person like me and much more to my mates. Warm regards; from everyone of us.

16. Lani says:

I’ve been exploring for a little bit for any high quality articles or blog posts on this sort of area . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this site. Reading this info So i’m happy to convey that I have a very good uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I most certainly will make certain to do not forget this website and give it a look on a constant basis.

17. Anette says:

Definitely believe that which you said. Your favorite reason seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries that they just don’t know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks