7May/0920

Vibe Magazine’s #20 Best Rap Blog

Today has been simply fantastic. First I woke up to stolen pictures of Cassie and her amazingly perky and extremely sexy rack, then I find out that just after 539 posts (8 months) we moved up the blogger food chain.

That’s right! Today the Top 50 Rap Blogs by Vibe Magazine also leaked (hits stores May 17th) and we were fortunate to grace their list at #20. A few days ago when I found out about the list I immediately started to wonder if T.R.O.Y. would even be on their radar since we’re relatively new and cater to a specific readers. Plus we keep to ourselves and we kind of just do our thing with very little politicking going on. So when we found out today that we were ranked #20 out of 50 it was not only a great surprise but honor too. A few years ago Philaflava was ranked the #14 best music spot by Vibe so to receive the love once again its very flattering.

We do this blog for you! We don’t get paid to do this and we definitely don’t crowd our blog with those ostentatious ads. It’s always about the music on here. We strive to bring you quality hip-hop day after day and we will continue to do so.

Thank you Vibe Magazine for recognizing our hard work, but more importantly thank you (the reader) for your continued support, daily motivation and acceptance in the blogosphere.

Sincerely,

45. Metal Lungies
46. ThePressPlayShow
47. Prancehall.com
48. Straight Bangin’
49. Passion of the Weiss
50. Twankle & Glisten

• A Small Medium At Large We speak of rap's yesteryear to marvel over the beats, perhaps […]
  • Summer Break Summer has begun and so has our summer break on T.R.O.Y. Don't […]
  • R.I.P. Roc Raida No word on what happened but it was confirmed by Busta Rhymes, […]

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “Vibe Magazine’s #20 Best Rap Blog”

1. Q says:

Props. I was frontin cuz I thought they didnt include you (was looking for 'Philaflava') but now I see they did.

Fo real son!

2. hotbox says:

big props for making the list!!

3. HipHopGiant says:

A MESSAGE TO VIBE:

RECENTLY THERE WAS A TOP 50 BLOGS.THAT’S GOOD AND ALL BUT WHERE IN THE FUCK IS HIPHOPGIANT.BLOGSPOT.COM???THE FACT THAT MY BLOG ISN’T ON THE LIST LET ALONE NOT NUMBER ONE IS STRAIGHT UP BULLSHIT.I POST SOME OF THE ILLEST SHIT EVER!!I KEEP IT FRESH WITH A SHIT LOAD OF QB VINYLS AND MIXTAPES.WHERE ELSE WILL YOU FIND SOME OF THE ILLEST OF MCS LIKE ILLAH GHEE NATURE LAKEY DA KID LITTLES AND ALL OTHER REAL SHIT LIKE THAT??YOUR LIST IS BULLSHIT BULLSHIT WITH A CAPITAL B.FUCK VUBE YOU FAGGOTS DON’T KNOW WHAT TRUE GUTTA RAW HIP HOP IS.I DON’TEVEN GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOURT DUMB ASS LIST.YOU IGNORANT FUCKAZ CAN’T EVEN RECOGNIZE THE REALNESS THAT I DROP ON THE REGULAR SO GO FUCK YOURSELVES WITH YOUR COMPUTER KEYBOARD.I DON’T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT YOU SINCE YOU DON’T GIVE A FUCK TO OBSERVE THE CLASSIC MATERIAL THAT I PROVIDE TO THE WORLD.I HOPE YOUR MAGAZINE GOES BANKRUPT WITH THAT WHITEBOY RAPPER ON THE COVER.VIBE HASN’T BEEN WORTH SHIT SINCE 1996 SO FUCK YALL NIGGAZ.YOUR LIST AIN’T EVEN ON MY FUCKIN RADER NO MORE.I SHOULD BURN YOUR MAGAZINES LIKE CYPRESS HILL DID TO THE SOURCE CUZ YOU PUSSY ASS CRACKERS DON’T KNOW THE MEANING OF HIP HOP.Y’ALL MONKEY ASS CORNBALLZ THINK LIL WAYNE IS HIP HOP AND IGNORE ALOT OF ILL SHIT.VIBE YOU ARE PART OF THE REASON WHY HIP HOP SUX TODAY ALONG WITH MTV AND BET AND THESE FAGS RUNNING THE RADIO STATIONS. SO WHILE YALL BITCHES NUT RIDE LIL WAYNE AND SOILDER BOY I’M GONIG TO BE LISTENING TO SOME ILLAH GHEE.MY BLOG IS THE GREATEST BAR NONE.I AINT WITH THAT NERD BOY SHIT LIKE MOST OF THESE BLOGS SUCH AS THE TROY BLOG AND HIPHOPISREAD.I HATE YOU MUTHAFUCKAZ AND HOPE YOU GO OUT OF BUSINESS LIKE RAPPAGES.FUCK YOU VIBE NIGGAZ AND FUCK ALL THOSE WACK ASS BLOGS THAT MADE THE CUT CUZ MY SHIT IS THE BEST.IF YOU DON’T AGREE THEN FUCK YOU TOO BITCH!!!

4. Cenzi Stiles says:

Too bad your forum is a sad collection of vermin, 'cause this site was bookmarked with the quickness. Some of the in-dpeth collections are fuckin great. Evne on your forum there are some deeeeep diggers.

Unkut should be top 5.

Wener Von Wallenros'd Humble Little hiphop blog is a must read too and should have been on that list….

5. Cenzi Stiles says:

werd. Hip Hop Giant puts in major work with vinyl rips. They also have one of the best hiphop forums since Spitkickers' one. Peace to Snoop on that one.

6. Thun says:

Cenzi, would you agree that Hip Hop Giant might do well to "put in major work" on Hooked On Phonics and a similarly inexpensive anger management program?

7. thomasv says:

Great! It's something to be proud of!

Grandgood didn't make the list?

should be higher than 20 for sure…

9. DJ SAV*ONE says:

congratulations…its not easy to support real hip-hop and get recognized for it. i say that b/c look at the current state of hip-hop lol. props to the writers here & many blessings to all the readers. peace & respect,

DJ SAV*ONE @ THEUNDERGROUNDCOMEUP.COM (The Analects).

10. Cenzi Stiles says:

Thun, I would agree with that, only your lateral-violence-ass goes with them

11. Howfresheats says:

Congrats on the recognition. You dudes definitely deserve it. It doesn't get much more hip hop than T.R.O.Y. Keep that shit up.

HowFresh

12. Travis says:

Congrats guys! Undoubtedly you guys should have been on the list.

13. Brandan E. says:

much props to yall man.
    hopefully my spot: Recognize The Real, will be on that list on the next go round. i have old tapes people been wanting for years on my spot. that u cant find no where else!
    but mad love to yall. yall will have haters but this thing is competitive so its gonna be like that.

14. KYOZAI says:

HaHaHa!

Very funny and interesting list as usual every other years…..I do not realy care if im on it or not !

Peace

crates of ag should be on the list

16. Olskool4real says:

To see a couple names recognizable let's me know I frequent the right spots!! This site and forum is crazy congratulations!!There are tons of sites and blogs too many for me to name that could have been on the list as well but I'm happy to see about 4 I know!!

I'm Just 8 months old! Wow, and you can't even write or walk yet.

Man we need some rill raper in the game like
    Z-RO AND TRAE THE OTHERS HAVE NO FREESTYLE VOLCABULARY LIKE TEXAS TEXAS ALL DAY FREESTYLE BLOWED AND DRUNK YOU WEAK ASS RAPPERS STOP WRITING LIL WAYNE FREESTYLE AND STOP ACTING LIKE YOUR FREESTYLING WAYNE I GESS STICK TO WRITING BARS IF YOU NOT GOOD ENOPHE WAYNE TEXAS YOU APROCHING ASS NIGGAS

Man we need some rill raper in the game like

Man we need some rill raper in the game like

Man we need some rill raper in the game like

Man we need some rill raper in the game like

fake ass non freestylers

fake ass non freestylers

fake ass non freestylers

fake ass non freestylers

to anonymous commenter-
    AY, HOO DA PHUK IZ U TOKIN BOUT, MAYNE?
    I HAZ NO IDEEH, SEERHEIZLY. AINT NO WAYNE O'ER HERE.
    -from anonymous blakk goaled sonner