24Feb/0922

Balkan Bombing + More: European Union Hip Hop

Publish Post

Most of you probably think that no other hip hop can compare to US hip hop. I agree that there are valid reasons for thinking like that.

But just pause for a minute.

Some of you are also familiar mostly with the UK and French hip hop scene and probably some German hip hop. Have you ever heard some hip hop from Greece, Serbia, Romania, Croatia?

No? Well, if you are interested to hear some, even if you will not understand most of the rapping, this compilation is just right for you. We assure you that you are gonna enjoy these beats and appreciate the rap skills of these artists. Download it, give it a proper listen, get back to us, and let us know what you think. What tracks suit you the most? Would you be willing to hear more European hip hop in the near future? Leave some comments.

01. Mellowman – Ainsi Soit Cool (France)
02. Full Moon – Ja Se Vracam U Svoj Hram (Serbia)
03. Frankie Hi-NRG MC – Gli Accontentabili (Italy)
04. Petter – Tar Det Tillbaka (Sweden)
05. Ominus & DJ ‘S’ – 20 Xronia (Greece)
06. Tram 11 – Hrvatski Velikani (Croatia)
07. Cheloo – Fabricant De Gunoi (Romania)
08. Torch – Als Ich Zur Schule Ging (Feat. Advanced Chemistry) (Germany)
09. Opgezwolle – Opgezwolle De Volle (Netherlands)
10. 43zla – Smokin’ 3 Paklaz (Serbia)
11. Fabe – Ca Fait Partie De Mon Passe (France)
12. Jose – V Letu 00 (Slovenia)
13. Ceza – Kalbim, Rapim, Nefretim, Cezam!! (Turkey)
14. Fidbek – Onde Andas Feat. Martinez (Portugal)
15. S.A.F. – Safra (F.Y.R.O. Macedonia)
16. Bad Balance – My Ne Ljubim, Kogda… (Russia)
17. El Club De Los Poetas Violentos – Mente (Spain)
18. Edo Maajka – Prikaze (Bosnia)
19. K.A.S.T.A. Squad – Peryferie (Poland)
20. Mellowman – Pyromellow (France)
21. Opgezwolle – Bob Sticky (Netherlands)
22. Tram 11 – Jedno (Croatia)

Peep some samples:

Partial Info:
Mellowman is a French hip hop act active during the 1990s.

Full Moon is a rap duo, consists of two MC’s, Juice and Shorty. They released one and only album in 1998.
Soon after the group has split on reason to pursue solo careers.

Frankie Hi-NRG MC – In 1992 he toured Italy sharing the stage with Run DMC and the Beastie Boys. That was a good way to become known before publishing the debut album in 1993, called “Verba Manent”which helped introduce acid jazz and a more funky sound to Italian rap.

Petter debuted in 1998 with the album “Mitt sjätte sinne” (My Sixth Sense),which became a success and started the Swedish hip hop boom in the late 1990s and early 2000s. He owns a record company called Bananrepubliken. In total, he has 7 albums.

Ominus & DJ “S” met in 1998, but their first album was released in 2002, called “Ominus Speech.”

Tram 11 is a Croatian hip hop duo, formed in 1996 in Zagreb. At that time Croatia had no recognised rappers until Tram 11 emerged in the “Blackout Project” started by the radio station “Radio 101” to promote hip-hop and rap in Croatia.

Cheloo is a member of one of the most famous rap groups in Romania, Parazitii. Television and radio stations were fined for playing some of their videos/songs and two videos were banned outright. Cheloo himself has two albums “Sindromul Tourette” (2003) and “Fabricant de gunoi” (2006).

Torch was among the first German rappers who began rapping in German in the mid-1980s. In 1987, Torch founded the group Advanced Chemistry with Toni L, Linguist, Gee-One and DJ Mike MD.

Opgezwolle is a Dutch rap formation which consists of MCs: Sticky Steez and Freaky Rico, and beatmaker DJ Dippy Delic. In 2001 they recorded their first album “Spuugdingen op de Mic.”

43zla is a duo of two MC’s and producer in the same time. Both are members of a one of the best Serbian hip hop groups ever, Bad Copy.

Fabe made his first steps as a rapper in 1993 and some years later, he was noticed by his performance on the track “faites-vous la guerre, je fais mes affaires”which appeared on the French rap compilation Yellow Productions.

Jose is a part of a Slovenian hip hop duo, Murat & Jose. Songs on this compilation first appeared on the Slovenian hip hop compilation, ” 5’00” Of Fame Za Narodov Blagor”.

Ceza aka Fatalrhymer, teamed up with Turkish rapper and producer Dr. Fuchs to for hip hop group Nefret.
He dropped his first solo album in 2002, “Med-Cezir”, but before that he had two albums with Nefret.

S.A.F. (Sakam Afro Frizura) [in English “I Wish I Had An Afro Hairstyle”], released in 1996 their well-known anti-drug abuse theme called Miss Stone. As the group became critically acclaimed, in the following year they started a music TV show called Hiphop Teza.

Bad Balance is a Russian rap group considered to be one of the first rap acts in USSR. The group maintained a devoted underground following during 1990’s.

Edo Maajka, his first album “SluÅ¡aj Mater” (Listen to Your Mother) was released in Spring of 2002.

K.A.S.T.A. Squad or just K.A.S.T.A. was formed in 1996 by DJ Kut-O and Wall-E. In 2002 they released a double disc album titled Kastaniety which included tracks in both Polish and English.

— Markshot

Tags: , , ,

22 Responses to “Balkan Bombing + More: European Union Hip Hop”

1. mike tyson says:

real surprised by how good these were…
    would like too see some more posts like this

if anyone is looking for some decent non-US hip hop peep some aussie shit especially spit syndicate and horrorshow. those crews are doing big things down under

3. madrotter says:

well opgezwolle disbanded almost two years ago, they were the biggest thing in the netherlands for a while, even outside hiphop… you might wanna check other acts like duvelduvel, de sluipschutters, gmb, unorthadox just to name a few, if you want i can send you a whole bunch of dope stuff ok!

here's a little taste:

sluipschutters – koffiesjop

duvelduvel – tis leuk geweest

and you might wanna check this ep from rotterdam's wreckitnize featuring ill bill and sabac red:

peace!

I'm glad heads are checking this compilation. Believe me, I was maaad skeptical about foreign rap, too. But there really is dope shit on here. Great job, Markshot!

5. Markshot says:

thanks to y'all,
    maybe i will do part 2 or something else, we'll see..

6. laze says:

Thanks for this! Looking forward to checking it out.

I've been obsessing over Polish hip-hop for the last three or four years. OSTR is one of the best producers in hip-hop right now, period. And MCs on this side of the pond are realizing it, too — his last album featured Brother J, Sadat X, and El da Sensei.

There's lots of great stuff happening in the eastern european underground (and not just with hip-hop, either). The days where "international hip-hop" felt 5 years behind US hip-hop have passed, I think.

7. Markshot says:

You're welcome,
    yes, i can agree, polish hiphop is really good..

Check this and let me know whatcha think.

8. anotherdeadpoet says:

check out also jupiter's (a prolific romanian producer) project – "jupiter killed the melody" on…http://www.jupiterestru.ro/

and if you're interested to hear some true shit from Romania, listen to this…http://rapidshare.com/files/28359622/C.T.C._-_Dificultati_Tehnice.zip.html

9. Benedictate says:

NICE ONE!
    If you are interested in some GERMAN HIPHOP-MUSIC
    you should check:

121 CREW – SOULSEEKER (2009)

password: fett-x

Warm and organic stuff for ur ears!
    I llllllove it really!

10. Airklipz says:

Hi
    I’m Airklipz an independent rap artist from south-east London just trying to get his music heard.
    I don’t really know the procedure with your site but I have links to my music here http://official.fm/airklipz and it includes a little description of me too.
    My mixtape is called “African Ninja In London” and all the tracks were produced and recorded locally and the mixtape is basically a description of life as I have known it growing up in London. I Work solely with my own aptly named team #TeamUndadog and this consists of several artists and producers who are all personal friends.
    We do all our own recording, mixing, mastering, video filming and editing and at the moment, promo but we seem to be struggling on the promo side.
    I’d really appreciate if you could post up my work and please feel free to reply with any feedback or advice regardless.

Thanks for your time

Airklipz
    http://www.datpiff.com/mixtapes-detail.php?id=400086 (Here is a “DatPiff” link to the mixtape)

P.s I love the blog!

11. Excellent put up, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don’t realize this. You should proceed your writing. I’m sure, you have a huge readers’ base already!|What’s Happening i’m new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively useful and it has aided me out loads. I hope to contribute & aid different users like its aided me. Great job.

12. Will says:

An impressive share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing just a little evaluation on this. And he the truth is bought me breakfast because I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the deal with! However yeah Thnkx for spending the time to debate this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading more on this topic. If doable, as you develop into expertise, would you thoughts updating your weblog with extra particulars? It is highly helpful for me. Big thumb up for this blog submit!

13. I’m really interested to learn just what blog system you have been using? I’m having a few minor protection challenges with the latest blog dealing with garageband download free so I’d love to find a thing far more risk-free. Have any strategies?

14. I love what you guys are now up to. This sort of clever work and exposure! Keep up the great work friends, I’ve you on our medical malpractice attorney web page.

15. I love the things you are now up to. This type of cool work and reporting! Continue the wonderful work guys, I have incorporated you to omega xl cost site.

16. Appreciate you sharing, great blog post. Fantastic.

17. Joelle says:

Hiya! I know this is kinda off topic but I’d figured I’d ask. Would you be interested in exchanging links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My website addresses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!

18. پنجره says:

Thanks a ton for discussing this info, I bookmarked the website. I’m furthermore searching for information about white upvc windows, have you any idea where I might come across a thing such as this? I’ll be back very soon!

19. karaj says:

Would you be focused on exchanging links?

20. Hi and thanks for your fantastic post! I quite appreciated finding out about it.I’ll make certain to take note of the blog and will often return very soon. I would like to suggest you to keep on with the fine job, perhaps write about Arvind Pandit as well, have a nice afternoon!

21. Hey there! I just came across this page and I certainly enjoy it. I also always like to talk about opera mini download sometimes. Great to be around, cheers!