23Feb/0927

Rakim "The Cellar" EP

Peace to our readers from every corner of the world. I’m going to keep this short and simple. Tweet this: T.R.O.Y. has Rakim The Cellar EP for you to download. ‘Nuff respeck to DJ Mike Nice for the generous hook up.

The facts as they are reported at Soundtable (who collaborated with LA-based Tres Records and NY-based No Sleep Records on this):
Rakim: The Cellar EP
The Cellar EP is a collection of three unheard Rakim sessions and instrumentals; previously unreleased and limited only to this 300 pressed vinyl.

“Man With A Gun”.
Recorded by Rakim in 2002, this song was done strictly for an underground buzz 12” that was never released.

“Once Upon A Rhyme” (Original Version).
Recorded by Rakim in 1995, this song/version was a last minute deletion from the “18th Letter” LP.

BONUS TRACK “Show Me Love” (Rugged Version).
Recorded by Rakim in 1996, this version had to be remixed for the “18th Letter” LP, due to sample clearance issues.

All songs are produced by Nick Wiz.
All scratches are provided by D.J. Slyce.
My take: this shit is really dope. It’s Rakim. “Once Upon A Rhyme” shares some lyrics with “Various Shades Of Black.” It’s a damned shame Rakim didn’t release an album in 1995.
Note: The instrumentals are not included. Cry me a river.
— Thun

Don’t forget to grab today’s other exclusive: Illmatic 15 Years Later (pdf scan from XXL magazine)

Tags: , , , , ,

27 Responses to “Rakim "The Cellar" EP”

1. Laurent says:

Hi,

Can't wait to hear this!!
    Thank you so much for all that great hip-hop.
    Peace from Paris,

#

2. SOC4L says:

dope dope dope like always thanks dj mikenice

troy does it again

4. sankofa says:

good stuff

can't help but wonder what he's been up to all these years

This should have alot of comments. Much props Mike!

6. Stieflkater says:

Thanks DJ Mike Nice…
    "Man With A Gun" and "Once Upon A Rhyme OG" are incredible. I hope the "7th Seal" is dropping real soon.

uno

nice.. great way to start off the week.. thanks

8. vincentlopez says:

Thanks!

9. The Big Sleep says:

Been waitin' on this one for months now, thanks for fillin' the request Mike.

10. dochiphop says:

wow.. supa tight post. Thanx to all who made this one happen. The R, the best mc to ever bless the mic!!

11. SAJR says:

Dope shit man thanks

Are any of you cats in LA? I work at a place called Beso owned by Eva Longoria and I would love to have you fall through. I cannot express how much this site means to me

Respect

13. hungry says:

it's weird these are numbered 3, 4 and 5. anyone have the entire vls/instrumentals? also, the file names don't match the picture above. any info on that?? thx for this up so much!!

14. I searched all night and finally found working passwords…

whodat6:phatbooty
    boobin24:epoch24
    flubba5:whinky

b-boyz Megaupload – http://b-boyz.com/?id=100237

15. Dion says:

Thanks for another fantastic article. Where else could anyone get that type of info in such a perfect way of writing? I’ve a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

16. Ellsworth says:

Thank you for another informative site. Where else could I get that type of info written in such a perfect way? I have a project that I am just now working on, and I’ve been on the look out for such info.

17. August says:

I am no longer positive where you are getting your info, but good topic. I must spend a while learning much more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic information I was on the lookout for this info for my mission.

18. I’m really interested to discover what website system you have been working with? I am having a few minor protection issues with our latest website regarding garageband for mac free so I’d love to find something a lot more safe. Have you got any suggestions?

19. You’re certainly correct, I’d really like to know more information on the subject! I am as well captivated by mobile app design as I think it is really quite cool at the moment. Great!

20. You’re totally correct! I really enjoyed looking through this and I will certainly come back for more right away. My own site is on lucky patcher apk download, you might take a peek if you’re interested in that.

21. I do consider all of the concepts you have introduced to your post. They are very convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for starters. Could you please extend them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

22. پنجره says:

Heya, what do you feel concerning upvc casement windows? Really trendy matter, right?

23. karaj says:

This really is the correct blog for any individual who desires to locate out about this topic. You recognize so considerably its just about challenging to argue with you (not that I in fact would want…HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a topic thats been written about for years. Fantastic stuff, just fantastic!

24. I was speaking with a good friend of my own about this info and regarding Arvind Pandit Kansas as well. I do believe you made a number of very good points in this article, we’re also looking forward to read more material from you.

25. Heya, you’re certainly correct. I frequently read through your content closely. I’m likewise fascinated by getapk market app, you could write about this from time to time. See ya.

26. Howdy. I recently noticed this amazing site and I really like it. I want to focus on kik sign in occasionally. Great to be here, thanks!