13Jan/0918

Sounds Like The 90’s Volume 1

Most of my friends stopped checking for new hip-hop since the late 90’s and I’m constantly finding myself making them mixtapes of newer stuff. So it dawned on me that there has to be a lot of people out there just like them. Since we’re dinosaurs in this rap game and many of us have lost a little faith in it, I thought it would be nice to compile a monthly mixtape that just might help restore some of it.

It Sounds Like The 90’s will contain music post 2000 from new artists as well as some oldies still grindin’. The purpose is to help showcase the quality hip-hop that you may have overlooked or were just completely unaware of. I’ll be carefully selecting each track to make sure you get quality in both the music and the MP3 file.

I want to know your thoughts. Tell me what you liked, what you hated and what you’d like to see on future mixes. With that said, download this bitch, burn it to a disc and enjoy the hell out of it! –Philaflava

T.R.O.Y. Presents – Sounds Like The 90’s Volume 1

01. Prince Paul Intro
02. Large Professor – The Entrance
03. Elzhi – That’s The One
04. Praverb – I’m The King
05. Murs – The Science
06. Jay Electronica – So Whatcha Sayin’ (prod. J Dilla)
07. Dela – Viberate feat. Blu
08. J-Live – The Understanding
09. Kam Moye (Supastition) – Welcome To My Life
10. Shawn Jackson – Feelin’ Jack
11. Blu & Exile – So(ul) Amazin’
12. Percee P – Two Brothers From The Gutter feat. Diamond D
13. Prodigy – Catch Body Music
14. Cormega – Fresh feat. DJ Red Alert, PMD, Grand Puba, KRS-ONE & Big Daddy Kane
15. DJ Revolution – The DJ feat. KRS-ONE
16. Presto – Conquer Mentally (Large Pro Remix) feat. Sadat X, O.C. & Large Professor
17. Souls of Mischief – Tour Stories (prod. Prince Paul)
18. Tha Connection – Take It Higher

Bonus Track: Meyhem – Got The Fever

Click here to print CD cover

DOWNLOAD (new link 8/2/12)

Tags: , , ,

18 Responses to “Sounds Like The 90’s Volume 1”

ERROR!

This limit is reached.

To download this file, the uploader either needs to transfer this file into his/her Collector's Account, or upload the file again. The file can later be moved to a Collector's Account. The uploader just needs to click the delete link of the file to get further information.

Can you *please* upload it again? Looks amazing!

2. mondelicious says:

"This file is neither allocated to a Premium Account, or a Collector's Account, and can therefore only be downloaded 10 times."

Thanks for all the great shares.

I'm hoping one of the lucky 10 who got this can mirror it somewhere like mediafire or megaupload.

3. T.R.O.Y. says:

I apologize for this. We're working on getting a re-up shortly. In the future I'll make sure there are several links provided. Megashare was acting up yesterday which is why I had to resort to Rapidshare.

Thanks for showing interest–I hope you enjoy it once you get a chance to download it.

4. Matt says:

Yep, I'd love to check this one out too! Love all the quality music you guys put out there!

5. T.R.O.Y. says:

Hopefully the link will last a bit longer. We'll work on getting up some back-ups too.

Enjoy!

6. Kamil says:

Could you Please reupload it on mediafire or Rapidshare Collector's Account?
    Limit of new link has been also reached..

7. T.R.O.Y. says:

Kamil, refresh your browser, champ. It's been uploaded to mediafire.

8. BMexx says:

Thanks, TROY, D/loading it right now – can't wait to put this on on my way home tonight.

9. Kamil says:

Thanks a lot !

This looks fantastic. Thanks TROY.

11. Destro is Dusted says:

One of the best comps from Philaflava yet. Sometimes I need a slap in the face to remind me that Hip-Hop didn't die in 97, thanks.

12. Fredo/Denmark says:

I really like my old school stuff which is also why I visit this fantastic blog. However sometimes I miss hearing new songs, so this is perfect !! Thanks.

Smooth Shit Fellas

i thinks its great.. this right here is a pretty good idea of current artists i be listening to, that definately give hip-hop its definition to me.. forget the garbage of mainstream, bet, mtv, etc.. just dope hip-hop.. bridging the gap..

once again, tip of the hat to T.R.O.Y. for all the hard work.. its appreciated

15. Blacktop says:

Absolute fire. Every track is a head nod. Thanks PF!
    -Blacktop

16. louisville slugga says:

iv got mad respect for what your doin but just cant get my head round this post golden era stuff. only really felt the sadat x large pro oc presto beat on this compilation. i guess im a dinosaur, its just that ive bin crate diggin for years and still find new material every day. i dont see the need to compromise. but props for all the music you put up im just stating my humble opinion. peace

17. general chill says:

Well, first of all, I have to thank you for all the energy you've probably put in this selection. I was really astounded that you've even took your time to create a cover. Kudos…
    Musically, I can't complain either. Most of the tracks are decent and smooth, with little ups (Conquer Mentally) and downs (So what you sayin'). There are – in my humble opinion, as louisville slugga has excellently put it – just two exceptions: The one and only track I don't really get is Prodigy's. The synthie-sounds and the flat snare are just annoying. On the contrary, Praverb's song is pure fire. It's the only outstanding one. I really dig this raw beat, reminds me a lot of NY-styles back in the days. Plus, I have never heard of Praverb either, so this one really made my day.

Keep up the good work