3Dec/0810

Nas “I Am” Blends: Godfather Don vs. 45 King

NAS I AM BLENDS: GODFATHER DON VS. 45 KING [CLICK TO DOWNLOAD]

A good blog is like a good blend – key ingredients in correct proportions yields nothing but flavor. And there is no better basis for a successful hip hop blog than a thriving, organic community of aficianados, vinyl pack rats, DJs, producers, and assorted hip-hop junkies. We have a real treat for you today. This one that actually escaped my notice for nearly a month, and it’s a crying shame.

“word up. never really felt most of the beats on the original of ‘I Am…’, so I got the accapellas and remixed the whole thing using beats from Godfather Don ‘Hydrabeats vol.3’ and Mark the 45 King ‘Grooves For A Quiet Storm’…only made this for fun for myself to bump, but it turned out doper than expected so I thought I’d upload, if anyones interested, peep… ” — forum regular Vaporized

Yes indeed … I Am in its commercially released form is an abomination, the malformed product of a nauseating marriage of greed and cynicism on both the artistic and business end, and it ushered in Nas’ decade-long descent into obsolescence. Vaporized took it upon himself to replace the overproduced mediocrity of the commercial release with some choice minimalist beats from Godfather Don and 45 King. Needless to say, the final product is superior to the poorly aged P.O.S. that was the commercially released version, and as resident yachtsman Drizzle suggests:
“putting shit like nas is like and you won’t see me over dark minimal godfather don beats gives a whole new shape/direction to the song and in some parts a completely different context to the lyrics.”

Word is bond and bond is life. — Thun

Tags: , , , ,

11 Responses to “Nas “I Am” Blends: Godfather Don vs. 45 King”

1. sankofa says:

Damn near anything involving Godfather Don gets props.

2. jamo609 says:

How the fuck did i miss this????

3. CheezPizza says:

I slept on these. All fire.

4. […] up. Constant Deviants, O.C. demos just came out, couple of months ago, Shadez of Brooklyn,  Godfather Don keeps comin’ out with unreleased joints. You ever think about putting any more of the […]

5. GinjaNinja says:

dead link can i get a re-up

6. Brandon says:

re-up man, i have heard different tracks and this is dope. i cant find it anywhere.

7. Yuhannes Watts says:

CAN YOU SEND ME A LINK O THE FILE?

8. Amber says:

I wanted to draft you the little remark to finally say thanks a lot again over the incredible views you’ve contributed at this time. It has been particularly open-handed of you to supply publicly all a number of people could possibly have made available for an e book to help make some money for themselves, certainly since you might have tried it in case you desired. The tactics also acted like the easy way to be certain that someone else have similar eagerness the same as my personal own to figure out a little more on the subject of this problem. Certainly there are numerous more fun situations up front for individuals that look into your blog post.

9. Florencio says:

What i do not realize is actually how you’re not really much more well-liked than you may be right now. You’re so intelligent. You realize therefore significantly relating to this subject, made me personally consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men aren’t fascinated unless it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your own stuffs outstanding. Always maintain it up!

10. Lucio says:

Thanks a bunch for sharing this with all of us you really know what you’re talking about! Bookmarked. Please also visit my website =). We could have a link exchange agreement between us!

11. Tanner says:

The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I do know it was my choice to learn, however I truly thought youd have one thing attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about one thing that you might repair if you happen to werent too busy searching for attention.