Hang on to the wheel high rollers, here’s a taste of hip hop from the ‘mid-atlantic’ for your ears today. Check the tracklist for year and location info. A few of these tracks combine styles and the blend is hot. Culturally, the mid-atlantic region is a mix of old world east coast mentality, and southern ‘show me’ practicality. Perhaps it’s not ironic that many people from Maryland or Virginia identify themselves as southerners even though they are east coast as New York for instance. New England is an area unto itself, and so is the mid-atlantic.
Play it in your living room, bump it in your car. This one will have you hitting rewind. Here’s your meat and taters.
1. (00:04:11) Shadz of Lingo – I Step 2 U Den (Virginia 1993)2. (00:04:37) da phlayva – why ask why (s, carolina 1994
4. (00:04:16) Omniscience – Wreckognize (N. Carolina 1993)
6. (00:02:16) xgovernment – the original (virginia 1994)
8. (00:03:08) The Unspoken Heard – Mid-Atlantic (Washington Dc 1997)
10. (00:03:49) Assassins – Represent (N. Carolina 1995)
12. (00:04:42) Ill Biskits – Place to Be (Virginia 1996)
14. (00:02:08) Major League – Intro (N. Carolina 1997)
16. (00:04:16) Hurricane – Back on the Set (N. Carolina 1997)
18. (00:04:55) chink – nine millimeter (forestville md 1995)
Leave us some comments/feedback. We want to know what you think! This is volume 1 of a 4 part series. I will be bringing the rest to your ears soon. — Schenectadyfan